Colapsar
X
  • Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Baptistao: We want to win the Europa League to show what we’re capable of

Real Betis striker, Leo Baptistao has hardly settled into the club since his move from Atletico Madrid this past January and has experienced the fans livid over the team’s lack of form and is hoping things can improve in their Europa League match against Rubin Kazan this Thursday evening.

In a recent interview, Baptistao spoke about Monday’s training session, which saw the fans rebelling against the club and the team and the Brazilian-born goal-scorer can understand their anger and feels that the team needs to give a little bit more.

“When I got there the fans had already lost their patience. We knew that could happen. The public were allowed in so we could look them in the face. We have to look to the future independently of what has happened.

“No one likes what is happening. But when you are in this situation you have to put up with it and look to the future. What else is there.

“You can always give a little more. We are never satisfied with what has been done. We haven’t won the last matches but we have played the full 90 minutes. And in the last match we attacked a lot, we knew that a defeat was not good for us. We have to put our lives on the line on the pitch, and I think we are. We are running, but what we have to do is stop playing well and win matches.

“This is an experience that I am gaining a lot from and it’s teaching me many things. I have been talking a lot with the Boss. We realised that playing a full match as soon as I arrived was too much and my ankle wasn’t up to it. Now I am fully recovered and I want to earn my place on the team.”

Baptistao then spoke about the team’s state of mind and their Europa League contest.

“I have the same responsibility as the rest of my team mates, despite being on loan. Whilst mathematically we are not in the Second Division we shall keep fighting.

“It will be a tense match. We want to win to boost our confidence. We are not going to give up on any match. We expect everything on Thursday. We want to win [the Europa League] to show what the team is capable of. We have to prove that we can beat any team.”

Adaptable footer

Colapsar
Espere un momento...
X