Colapsar
X
  • Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• García: Bad referees didn’t put Getafe where we are, or make Betis last

Getafe manager Luis García is keen to see his side secure a win at last, when they travel to the Benito Villamarín on Saturday, also aware that Real Betis will be fighting for points to bolster their slim chances of avoiding relegation.

Luis GarcíaGiven the recent frustrations and complaints of Real Betis, that refereeing decisions have been going against them, Getafe manager Luis García couldn’t help but add his tuppence to the debate, ahead of the clash between the two sides on Saturday.

“We have also been wronged in the last two weeks, but bad referees didn’t put us where we are in La Liga, nor are Betis last because of them.”

As for what he expects against Real Betis, García is well aware that their opponents will be battling for points, in the hope that they can still survive in the Primera.

“They’ve experienced a slight improvement and they’ll see this game as one of their last chances. They’re running out of time and they know that.”

The position of García himself has come under intense scrutiny at Getafe, with his side still without a win in their last eleven games. He assured that for the time being, he’s safe in his job.

“I spoke with the president after the game against Espanyol. I’ve spoke more with the sporting director. They’ve both told me to keep working hard.”

The importance of three points for Getafe and finally putting that win-less streak behind them, cannot be understated, as García pointed at the morale boost it would give his players.

“We’re only four points outside the bottom three and we have to turn things around. If we win, that would push us further away and send us into the following game against Granada, with a lot of enthusiasm.”

Adaptable footer

Colapsar
Espere un momento...
X