Colapsar
X
  • Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Barcelona - Real Betis

You know, I've got a sneaking feeling about this one. Give or take a bit of bad luck in front of goal Betis really didn't play that badly against Málaga on Monday, and with Barcelona having had a tough Champions League game against Atleti the following night, not to mention their being without the injured Gerard Piqué and Victor Valdés, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Gaby Calderón's men had a right good go and perhaps even came away with all three points tonight.

Only kidding. Let's look at it like this: if, with the season on the line, the Betis defence can't hold out for ten minutes against [hurriedly looks up some names] Messrs Juanmi and Amrabat, how much fun are Messi, Neymar, Iniesta, Fabregas, etc, etc, going to have? If anything, the 53 points currently between the sides perhaps even underplays the gulf in class - the "abyss", as the Diario de Sevilla puts it - and what wwith Barcelona needing the points in the title race... Uuff. I'm afraid it's not so much "apples and oranges" as apples and kumquats.

The fun starts at 6pm, but with the sun forecast to make an overdue appearance here in Seville after a showery week, it may be that this is the first game for a while that I skip. I dare say some of the Betis players wish they could do the same.

Betis squad: Adán, Guille Sara, Pedro, Chica, Juanfran, Amaya, Jordi Figueras, Paulao, Jesús Muñoz, Juan Carlos, Lolo Reyes, N'Diaye, Nono, Dani Ceballos, Vadillo, Cedrick, Jorge Molina, Braian Rodríguez, Leo Baptistao, Rubén Castro

Re: Barcelona - Real Betis

Team News: Barcelona vs. Real Betis

Barcelona have what on paper would seem the easier fixture of the top three teams in the title race, in today’s encounter at the Camp Nou. Nothing will be taken for granted however, as even though visiting Real Betis are propping up everyone else in La Liga, they’re still fighting for survival and don’t consider themselves down yet.

Barcelona vs. Real Betis XI

Barcelona XI: Pinto; Alves, Mascherano, Bartra, Adriano; Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta; Pedro, Messi, Alexis.

Subs: Oier, Neymar, Fàbregas, Sergi Roberto, Tello, Montoya, Song.

Real Betis XI: Adán; Juanfran, Amaya, Jordi, Juan Carlos; N’Diaye, Lolo Reyes, Nono; Cedrick, Vadillo, Baptistao.

Subs: Sara, Chica, Paulao, Molina, Rubén Castro, Braian Rodríguez, Dani Ceballos.

Comentario

Gaby Calderón has an irritating fondness for the "surprise" - meaning "questionable" - selection and the news that Álvaro Vadillo is in for Rubén Castro today is certainly an eyebrow-raiser. The full team: Adán; Juanfran, Amaya, Jordi, Juan Carlos, N’Diaye, Lolo Reyes, Nono, Cedrick, Vadillo, Baptistao. I wish them luck.

Comentario

Barcelona 3-1 Real Betis: Messi double enough to overcome battling Betis

Barcelona responded to Atletico Madrid’s victory earlier today, with a 3-1 win over Real Betis at the Camp Nou, keeping the gap between the two sides to a solitary point.

Despite this game being sandwiched in between the Champions League quarter-finals against Atleti, Gerardo Martino fielded a strong side for the visit of the Verdiblancos with Messi, Xavi, Busquets and Iniesta all starting. Cesc Fabregas and Neymar were dropped to the bench, Alexis and Pedro taking their places. As for Liga’s basement team, Ruben Castro and Jorge Molina were left on the subs bench, Cedrick and Vadillo would flank Baptistao as they looked to utilise the pace in their side to hit Barca on the counter attack.

In an open first half, Betis settled well and didn’t hold back as they looked to get the best out of their ambitious 4-3-3 formation, and it was the Andalusians who mounted the game’s first meaning attack, Baptistao found himself in behind the Barca defence but Marc Bartra made a timely interception just when the Brazilian was about to pull the trigger.

Barca themselves were slowly but surely warming up, Bartra’s headed over from a corner and Xavi’s shot was well saved by Adan. Then 15 minutes in, the magic feet of Alexis won a penalty, after taking the ball out of the air with a glorious first touch he ran at the Betis back line, twisting and turning he wiggled around three players in the box before being caught by Jordi. Messi stepped up and….. scored.

However, Betis enjoyed a good spell after the goal, stroking the ball around with confidence and created a couple of chances of their own. Cedrick was one-on-one with Mascherano and after finding half a yard for a shot his left-footed attempt was weak and comfortably dealt with by Pinto.

Alvaro Vadillo was looking lively on the left-wing and the youngster had a couple of efforts from distance including a snap shot which wasn’t too far wide. Betis’s willingness to attack did leave them vulnerable in defence, Messi jinking past the challenges then sprayed the pass out wide to Adriano who crossed across the face of goal but the pass evaded both Pedro and Dani Alves who couldn’t convert from just a few yards out.

The hosts, while not playing with great intensity, continually found themselves in and around the edge of the box but couldn’t quite carve out the final pass to find the decisive second goal. Leo Messi almost did on the stroke of half time, from 25 yards he curled a shot towards goal, after some interplay with Andres Iniesta, but it was just wide of the mark.

Barcelona started the second period with the first real opportunity, Xavi’s free-kick almost found the net, the attempt coming off the top of the crossbar.

The early tempo died down and the nerves were growing around the Camp Nou as that second goal wasn’t coming, Betis’ pressure high up the pitch made it difficult for Barca to get the ball from defence into midfield which presented some chances for the visitors. Cedrick, Vadillo and substitute Ruben Castro had shots that were all off-target and on a couple of occasions the final cross let them down as they had Barca on the ropes. N’Diaye’s deflected shot almost caught out Pinto, but the veteran keeper reacted well to tip over as Betis were getting closer.

But in typically unfortunate fashion for Betis the second arrived for Barca, Adriano’s attempted through pass was intercepted by Jordi but somehow the ball was directed towards goal and found the net.

Almost immediately though Betis hit back, taking advantage of Barca’s shaky and open defence N’Diaye’s cut-back was seized on by Ruben Castro’s whose scuffed finish trickled over the line. Messi found himself on the end of an Adriano cross but he couldn’t quite connect with it, the Argentine then turned provider feeding Alexis but the Chilean’s powerful shot was blazed over the bar.

The introduction of Neymar injected a bit of pace back into Barca’s play, and with five minutes remaining his cross was handled by Amaya giving Messi the chance to finish the game off from the penalty spot. The spot-kick was well saved from Adan but Messi pounced on the rebound, which Adan very nearly stopped too, but the shot was just too powerful as the ball trickled over the line.

Barcelona 3-1 Real Betis

Referee: Eduardo Iglesias

Barcelona XI: Pinto; Alves, Mascherano, Bartra, Adriano; Busquets, Xavi (87′), Iniesta (78′); Pedro (78′), Messi, Alexis.

Goals: Messi (14′ pen, 85′), Jordi (67′ own goal)

Subs: Neymar (78′), Fàbregas (78′), Song (87′)

Yellow Cards: None

Real Betis XI: Adán; Juanfran, Amaya, Jordi, Juan Carlos; N’Diaye, Lolo Reyes, Nono; Cedrick (60′), Vadillo (60′), Baptistao (82′).

Goals: Ruben Castro (68′)

Subs: Molina (60′), Ruben Castro (60′), Rodriguez (82′)

Yellow Cards: Lolo Reyes (60′), Amaya (77′)

Comentario

Adán: The second penalty was dubious

Real Betis goalkeeper Antonio Adán couldn’t fault the effort from his team, pointing out it had taken two penalties and an own goal, for Barcelona to claim victory.

Speaking with GolTV after the 3-1 defeat at the Camp Nou, Real Betis keeper Antonio Adán felt proud that his team had gone toe to toe, against a much better Barcelona side.

“We’ve spoke about this all week. Barcelona are a superior team in all respects, but over the ninety minutes we’ve stood up well against them.”

As for how his side had been beaten, Adán felt that the second penalty decision had been doubtful. Although he saved the first attempt, he couldn’t stop Messi from snatching upon the rebound for the third Barca goal.

“They’ve taken the game with an own goal and two penalties. In the first one, I think there’s was a pull, but the second one is dubious. That did us a lot of damage, because it just killed us off.”

With the Barca game now out of the way, Adán underlined that to keep the team in the Spanish top-flight, nothing less than wins from each of their last six games, will be enough.

“We’ve the right to lose one one game. Now we have to win all the rest, so we can leave Betis in the place they deserve to be – the Primera.”

Comentario

Martino: What we value most is the win

Barcelona manager Tata Martino was satisfied with the result and the win against Real Betis, if not the performance, as he noted the physical wear on his players, following their gruelling encounter with Atlético midweek.

Following the 3-1 win against Real Betis, Tata Martino acknowledged that tiredness had played its part on how the game played out, but added that what matters most is the result, having taken the three points.

“We’ve played a very different game to the one against Atlético. The one on Wednesday will be decisive. When you play two such important games, in such a short space of time, what comes in between might not seem so decisive. We came into the game having given more of a rest to some of the players who played against Atlético.”

“I was hoping that the game wouldn’t be as tiring as our last two. The one last Tuesday took a lot out of us. I saw a little of the Atlético game and they went through the same thing. Today, as an exception, what we value most is the win more than anything else. The performance hasn’t been because we’ve lacked concentration or underestimated our opponent. Betis have done very well. At some point we seemed to stop working the game as we should, because we also lacked energy.”

Martino insisted however, that he hadn’t planned the game against Betis, with one eye on next week’s second-leg in the Champions League against Atlético Madrid.

“We didn’t play today, thinking about Wednesday. If I thought that the game might have gone differently, then I would have taken some players out, but I couldn’t do that.”

There was some admission though, that the players might have had half a mind on the match at the Vicente Calderón.

“If I put myself in the shoes of my players and although this game was decisive for La Liga, the Champions League will be decided in just one day, with the game on Wednesday. What lies ahead is equal or tougher than what happened last Tuesday. That’s why it’s only natural for them to be thinking about that.”

As for Lionel Messi having added two more goals to his impressive tally, Martino simply noted that nothing surprises him about the player now, when it comes to his exploits on the pitch.

“Nothing surprises me about Messi, not what he does or the goals he scores. Even with all the time he’s missed, he’s still just three goals from being the highest scorer. That’s really good.”

Looking ahead to the Champions League clash against Atlético, the Barca coach is keen to see a better performance against them in the crucial second-leg, compared to what was offered against Betis.

“I hope that we’re better than we were today. I’m not making excuses, but between the game on Tuesday and and the one next Wednesday, we’ve had to deal with this game against Betis. Sometimes a result might not be favourable, though this time it has been. As such, it’s valuable for us to keep pressuring the leaders.”

Comentario

Pedro: Every game left is a final, they’ll all be difficult

Barcelona forward Pedro was content that his team claimed the three points against Real Betis, but acknowledged that perhaps they hadn’t been at their best in the second half of the game.

Following the 3-1 victory against Real Betis and speaking to GolTV, Pedro acknowledged some of the whistles from the fans at the Camp Nou, agreeing that his side could have performed better in the second half of the game.

“The fans know what they want to see. Maybe we lacked intensity in the second half, but we leave content with the win. In the second half we didn’t dominate enough, or hold onto the ball long enough. They’ve played well though and complicated things for us. The best thing though, is the result.”

As for the title race in La Liga, Pedro underlined that it’s going to be a very tight finish to the season.

“It will be tough right to the end and the margin of error is tiny. Every game left is a final and they’ll all be difficult.”

Asked about the FIFA sanctions and all the controversies surrounding the club, Pedro pointed out that he and his Barca team-mates simply focus themselves on their football, nothing more.

“We’ve been through some difficult times, but we try to isolate ourselves from all that and focus ourselves on the matches. We just put our minds on the games. We’ve calm and we’re taking things one game at a time.”

Diego Costa remains doubtful for Atlético Madrid in the return leg of the Champions League against Barcelona next week, but with or without him, Pedro feels their opponents have got plenty of options to keep his team occupied.

“He’s a really good player and if he doesn’t recover, then that will be good for us. If he’s there, then he’ll be dangerous, but just the same as anyone, like El Guaje or like Diego. Atlético have an ample squad and it will be a tough game.”

Finally and with his team seemingly having struggled against the team at the bottom of La Liga, Pedro noted that regardless of the opponent, every one of their final games will be tough.

“We went out there to win and we’re aware of what’s at stake. We know that that all the remaining games are tough, we have to play them with more enthusiasm and not let them get away from us.”

Comentario

I kept my promise to myself not to watch this game until halfway through the second half, when I suddenly noticed on Twitter that Betis - 1-0 down to a 13-minute penalty - were having all the chances. And what do you think was the very first thing I saw when I switched on my computer? That's right - Jordi Figueras deflecting the ball into his own net.

Any chance of Betis actually winning the game, the only useful result if we're being honest, ended right there, but Rubén Castro pulled one back shortly afterwards (with help from nice work by N'Diaye) and Betis were pressing for the equaliser when they got another of those brain-numbing refereeing decisions that have plagued their season. Neymar crossed hard and the ball seemed to skid off the knee of the onrushing Amaya and up onto his hand. Penalty, despite the fact that no human being with a full complement of limbs could have avoided committing the so-called "crime". Even more unluckily, Antonio Adán proceeded to make two stunning saves, first to keep Messi's penalty out and immediately after to block the little Argentinian's follow-up shot, but the ball still decided to lurch drunkenly over the line.

So, Barcelona keep up their title challenge thanks to two penalties and an own goal. (No complaints about the first spot-kick, by the way - a blatant foul by Figueras on Alexis.) By all accounts Betis were lively and brave, but lacked precision in the final third - I think I might just typed that phrase once or twice before this season - which is why we remain stuck on 22 points after 32 matches. It's a sobering thought that even winning all of the last six games might not quite be enough to save us.

Betis: Adán; Juanfran, Amaya, Jordi, Juan Carlos, Ndiaye, Lolo Reyes, Nono, Cedrick (Rubén Castro, m. 61), Vadillo (Jorge Molina, m. 61) y Baptistao (Braian, m. 81).

Goals: 1-0, m. 14, Messi (pen). 2-0, m. 67, Jordi Figueras (og). 2-1, m. 68, Rubén Castro. 3-1, m. 86, Messi.

Comentario

Amaya: "I think we deserved more"

Juanfran says that "we have to win at Sevilla"

Juanfran was the first player to analyze the match. "I think the picture has been good with own goal, a penalty that was not and have not had any luck. Useless But if you can not earn. Thing the coach said we could only lose a game and you we have done so we have to go out and win every remaining. We have to keep fighting and above all we must win at Sevilla. should be having great personality and face and especially knowing that we played a lot because we have thirty thousand partners and a club that should be in First ".

Antonio Amaya dominating party, the penalty and the next meeting. "The fact that we're satisfied because we have given the face. I think we deserved something more because we have stood up but already thinking about the next game.'s First penalty I have not seen either but in my penalty had stuck his hand and I can not cut my arm. really happen if the opponent's box pitarían not know what but we are not having any luck in that regard during the season. " "We have an important game and we have to give a little joy to the fans and we have to come out as against Barcelona and we can win the game. We have no margin of error, we have many opportunities but we have and we have to fight."

Comentario

The ideas had them clear at all times Real Betis during his visit to Camp Nou and the image shown very good but the key moments and the lack of fortune, which also features in each game are condemning all season at Betis box in Barcelona would be less. Vadillo intentions he wanted to put his team two minutes into the game when trying to connect with the ball back into the area, with N'Diaye coming alone. At all times I wanted to keep the lines together and avoid walls inside passes and broke the verdiblanca pressure and played with intelligence until it was absent in a play where quality and rogue Alexis appeared. The Chilean raffled within the area as he came forward to opponent and there were four that failed to snatch the ball and when he felt a touch of Jordi, mild but existent, and he dropped the referee pointed to the penalty. Messi failed from the spot and the 15 'put his team ahead. Betis reacted well after the goal. He stretched and grabbed control of the match for a few minutes. But soon he takes possession as Barcelona take control again. The box Calderon could go to the counter but they were always in the defensive superiority and could do little more Baptistão Vadillo and they were the more they tried. Nor had clear chances but Cedrick and N'Diaye prize might have two actions. The end cross shot that stopped a Pinto and a half in a move that fails to finish inside the box. Meanwhile, the club had a chance to score with Messi, his shot goes wide, Dani Alves, assisted by Alexis or Xavi, stopping Adam, but the score did not move in the first half.

Many more possession by the local spar box and Xavi to take a free kick was the entry that was Betis in the second half. The cons in the first act trying to be stopped and it was harder to leave Heliopolitan. However and with that, a rehearsed move by the throw could create danger Pinto but the center was cleared by Cedrick Mascherano before they finish off N'Diaye. That woke up the Betis move. Advanced to the line more and became more courageous. The change took effect and aim was to have award. Vadillo running down his left and got inside the area but instead of shooting, pulled the ball he was going to Cedrick long. Calderon sought to attack and go out and Ruben Molina by Vadillo and Cedrick. Barca went to the counter but the Betis neutralized well. The clock struck 63 minutes and got the clearest picture of Betis. A pass through Molina was fought N'Diaye that mopping up from the ground and threw Pinto to stop the match. Subsequently, the same protagonist not finished off in front of goal with only the keeper as Cadiz opponent. But Betis season is full of mishaps and misfortunes reappeared. Adriano got a pass inside and Jordi intercepted him so badly that the sneak Adam from outside the box. Blow to a team that enjoyed his best game and occasions. Those same reasons made the Betis did not lose the game and came face to Reuben. N'Diaye, in one of his innumerable additions to the attack, saw the arrival of this canary and three foes ahead, faked knocking two scorer and defined as it is. Rubén Betis returned to the game and his believe in the tie but who were fighting for a front and have much stuck League although neither Messi nor Alexis could do the third in the two actions were. Juan Carlos drew a free kick in the 82 'and no one could plug the montonera. And as happened with the second goal, when Betis more insisted Neymar focused to the area to cut with hand Amaya inadvertently pointing penalty the referee again. Messi returned to throw and Adam returned to show how extremely good it is stopping the release but not getting stop clearance, and almost succeeds because he came to touch the ball, which fell back to Argentina. In the end, two penalties and own goal at a very good lie down Betis at the Camp Nou.

Comentario

Everything goes wrong (3-1)

Two penalties against and own goal from Jordi sentenced Betis

Pinto, Alves, Adriano, Bartra, Mascherano, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta (Cesc, m. 78), Alexis, Messi and Pedro (Neymar, m. 78).

Adan; Juanfran, Amaya, Jordi, Juan Carlos, Ndiaye, Lolo Reyes, Nono, Cedrick (Ruben Castro, m. 61), Vadillo (Jorge Molina, m. 61) and Baptistão (Braian, m. 81).

1-0, m. 14, Messi penalty. 2-0, m. 67, Jordi Figueras (own goal). 2-1 m. 68 Ruben Castro. 3-1 m. 86 Messi.
                      Iglesias Prieto (Navarro Committee) and admonished Lolo Reyes Amaya.

The Betis evident today in the field of one of the contenders for the league this season everything goes wrong and that decline is inevitable. After curdle a good match, which competed against Barcelona until the end, a penalty six minutes from time prevented the team Calderon fought to a draw in as complicated as the Camp Nou stadium. Two goals from Messi and other Jordi Figueras own goal, nothing left in the both Ruben Castro and sentenced another defeat with good image as usual in the Barca feud, which submits to the agony Betis drop in new dates.

Betis surprised from start to sprout Barcelona to play him one on one, without complexes, pressing up the ball out of the Tata Martino . Of course, the danger in attack wore one Barca team that reached clearer the area of Adam. Precisely Betis goalkeeper had to show off to stop it with a great shot from the edge of Xavi. However, the quarter-hour, the standard error Jordi ended with a penalty on the central Alexis, who dragged his foot after a good individual move. Messi, from the spot, did not fail.

However, both did the arms come down Betis and Barcelona continued to press to not suffer more because Vadillo and Cedrick not helped Baptistão in offensive actions. The Congolese tried with two shots in showing that the shot on goal is not his forte. On the opposite side, Adriano action culminated in a pass from Brazilian Jordi touched the area just enough to avoid Alves 2-0. Messi also in a personal move and fired near the right post thread Adam. By bética hand, a lack of Busquets not prevented by the referee against each Vadillo asking her lethal with only the left. Subtracted 45 minutes, but the Betis still alive.

After the break, Adam likewise except aborting a pass from Xavi and Pedro launched a free kick that grazed the crossbar. It seemed a matter of time that the rent increased. The pressed Betis and topped with a club approaches Vadillo, very wrong in the definition. Given this, Calderon made a double change bringing on Ruben Castro and Jorge Molina by Cedrick and Vadillo. A pass inside the Alicante was the first clear chance with a shot bitten Ndiaye who brought Pinto.

However, Betis is a team that everything goes wrong, even when well in the field. A cross from Adriano inside touches Jordi Figueras to insert it into his own net. Fortunately, only a minute later, Ruben Castro, who else, put down two defenders to beat Barca pinto and close the gap. Faith shows a point still latent. Already in the last ten minutes Calderón decided to give fresh air to attack withdrawing from the country to Baptistão, very tired, and inputting Braian Rodriguez.

But a new penalty, this by hand after Amaya center Neymar, ended the hopes of Betis. Adam stopped the release of Messi, but the rebound touched him again, though not enough to avoid the 3-1.

Comentario

Adan: "We gave everthing"

"Bad luck is the hallmark of the whole year," he added

Goalkeeper Betis , Antonio Adan , analyzed his team's defeat against Barcelona finish around the meeting, saying "I knew we were going to have very complicated, but we gave everything. The goal we have set is complete with heads held high. "

Adan is clear that the team does not look like the first half of the season, because "since joining the coach's attitude has changed and there are many teams that have not been superior to us. It was in the days before the Athletic Bilbao, Athletic , today ... ". Of course, recognized that against Barcelona was not so lucky Betis. "Bad luck is the hallmark of the whole year, but we must keep what is good that we have given the face," he said.

Another analyzing the defeat, apart from Adan, was Jordi Figueras , he did not think the referee had incidents on the scoreboard. "Every referee applies what he believes, Antonio's penalty seemed to me that was attached to the body, but talking about the referees is to tire it. When you hurt enough is fucked for everyone, but we can only win six games we have left, "said the center.

George went on to argue that "we have several parties, including in Europe, giving good image, taking chances, we are a very competitive team. There luckiest days, others less. Since the arrival of coach, removing the day of Valencia , we have been very competitive. Some days we have had bad luck and others in which the ball did not want to go. "

Comentario

How it happened:

Beticismo.net - Resumen FC Barcelona (3-1) Real Betis - HD - Vìdeo Dailymotion

Comentario

Adaptable footer

Colapsar
                          Espere un momento...
                          X