X
  • Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Antonio Amaya speaking about the match Granada

Amaya: Granada is the most important game of the season for Betis

Real Betis defender Antonio Amaya has admitted that the 5-0 thrashing by Valencia at the weekend was a huge blow for the team, but insists that they can do little about it now, other than roll up their sleeves and look for three points at Granada next Sunday.

Appearing at a press call on Tuesday, Real Betis defender Antonio Amaya had little to say about the 5-0 defeat at Valencia over the weekend, other than admitting that whilst his team had been far from their best, their opponents enjoyed one of their strongest performances of the season.

“The game against Espanyol had breathed life into us. We believed we could take something positive at Valencia. We’ve encountered the best Valencia performance of the season and our performance wasn’t good enough, but they had an awesome game.”

Morale has obviously taken a dent after what happened at Valencia, but Amaya feels confident that his team can take crucial points away at Granada, in Sunday’s midday La Liga clash.

“After a defeat you always feel down. All we can do now is think about the game at Granada. They’re a rival who we can cut points against. We can do that and we’re convinced we’ll have our chances. We have to keep fighting. We need to get a push forward, that would come from winning at Granada.”

Granada are also in need of points to avoid slipping down towards the relegation zone, after three consecutive defeats, which is something that the Betis defender hopes can work in his team’s favour.

“It’s the most important game of the season for us, because it’s also the most immediate game. Granada might also be feeling down though, because they also head into the game on the back of a bad run.”

As for Betis still being rooted to the foot of the league table, Amaya insists that there’s no other way to pull themselves out of the mire, than through hard work and persistence, whilst also encouraging the fans to believe and have faith.

“We’re upset about where we are, given we’re last and with the same difficulties getting out of the relegation zone. There’s nothing else we can do but keep battling, train hard to lift the fans and ourselves. I would tell the fans not to doubt our work. The players try to block things out of their minds, it’s a very complicated situation in which we’ve been taking one blow after another.”

Though Betis managed to win and produce a very solid performance against Espanyol, manager Gabriel Calderón changed from having successfully played five at the back, to a different approach against Espanyol. Amaya insists that the manager had planned the way he and the team thought best, but added that he would be happy to see a return of the five-man defensive system.

“I thought it was a spectacular system. After such a long time without winning, the manager changed the system and we won 2-0, so why not use that in more games? The manager planned for the game in a way we believed in. It didn’t turn out well. Valencia are a great team. We lost 5-0, but it wasn’t the system we used that was to blame.”

Finally and regarding his long-term future at the club, Amaya assured that whether Betis are in the Primera or the Segunda next season, he doesn’t want to be anywhere else and hopes to tie up his contract renewal soon.

“My agent is dealing with that, but if everything goes well, I’ll be staying at Betis. I’m aware of how things are at the club. Even in the worst situation of Betis dropping to the Segunda, it’s a better place to be than at least ten other clubs in the Primera and I’m clear about that. My family and I want to stay at Betis.”
    Editado por última vez por Verdiblanco de Holanda; https://www.betisweb.com/foro/member/13151-verdiblanco-de-holanda en 11/02/14, 18:31:40.

Re: Antonio Amaya speaking about the match Granada

Roberto: We can’t show Betis any mercy

Granada goalkeeper Roberto Fernández and the rest of his team-mates head for another training camp at the La Manga resort on Wednesday, aimed at preparing the team the best way possible, ahead of the crucial La Liga match against Real Betis on Sunday.

Roberto Fernández with manager Lucas Alcaraz & fellow keeper Orestis Karnezis at the last training camp at the La Manga training complex, which helped change their fortunes.

A tried and tested approach ahead of crucial games that has worked well in the past, Granada are taking their first-team squad to the La Manga Club training complex near Cartagena, for a training camp between Wednesday and Friday of this week.

Speaking following training on Tuesday morning, experienced goalkeeper Roberto Fernández gave his thoughts about the key benefits of their trip to La Manga.

“It’s about us all being together, being side by side with our team-mates. We’re going to work hard and prepare for the match against Real Betis. The most important thing is for us to focus and concentrate on taking the team forward.”

As for Sunday’s game against Andaluz neighbours Real Betis, the crucial nature of what’s at stake for both teams, can’t be understated, as Roberto explained that his team must effectively grasp the game by the scruff of the neck, show absolutely no sympathy for their opponents and seal the victory.

“It will be the most important three points we’ve played for so far. This game is the most important of recent times. We must win however we can. If we can do that, we’ll open up a gap of points for ourselves and if we don’t, we’ll be making things more difficult for ourselves, after everyone had thoughts that things were going well.”

“That’s why we all must be together and pull in the same direction. These things happen in cycles and right now we’re at a low point, despite deserving more from our recent games. We’ve lost a lot of points for the sake of small details. It’s not reproach or criticism towards anyone.”

“Both teams have the utmost need for points. Betis want to get out of a burning situation, which we could also find ourselves in. I’m not worried about the situation of our opponents, just the fact that we must win this game. We can’t show any mercy and the team knows what we must do. Aside from that, I’m convinced that we all know what we’re playing for; the team and the fans.”

Asked if the players are self-critical, Roberto assured they are, but without the need for the media to add to that, as they know full well what they must do to put their recent poor run of results to an end.

“Always and whenever necessary, but now isn’t the right time for that. Neither is it the right time for making evaluations. We have little time to prepare for this game and it serves little to talk about individual players, or possible mistakes. We have to turn the page on all that and just think about the game.”

Comentario

Adaptable footer

Colapsar
    Espere un momento...
    X