Colapsar
X
  • Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Calderón: Totting up the numbers won’t win us our next game

Real Betis manager Gabriel Calderón doesn’t believe it serves any purpose thinking of how many points his team needs to reach safety, or of the Europa League game against Sevilla next week. All that matters right now, is getting three points against Getafe on Saturday.

At his press call on Friday, Real Betis manager Gabriel Calderón was first asked for his thoughts about the refereeing decisions, that have gone against the team of late. With much already said by players and officials at the Andaluz club over recent weeks, the Argentine coach didn’t wish to enter into such debate, preferring to just focus on their next game.

“I don’t want to make judgements about any of the referees. I believe in the good faith of the match officials, so I want to leave such thoughts aside. We’re focused on winning the final we have before us.”

Clearly for football fans, the first-leg of the European derby against Sevilla next week, is very much the talk of the town. Asked if he has any concerns about his players having one eye on that clash, Calderón assured that they’re 100% focused on Saturday’s La Liga game against Getafe.

“There’s no state of confusion here. We know that we have a final tomorrow. The players are working hard and we’re happy with the evolution of the team during the week. This is the path we must tread, aspiring to win. Everyone is focused on the game and none of us can think beyond it.”

As for taking numbers into account, when it comes to figuring how many points Betis must win if they’re to avoid relegation, Calderón pointed out it’s not something that helps them, they just have to win each game as they come.

“Totting up the numbers won’t win us our next game. All we’re thinking about is improving the quality of the team, so we can win. Once we win, then we think of our next game and that’s all. We know we must win a lot of games, but if we don’t win the next, it doesn’t help anyone looking at the numbers.”

Asked for thoughts about Getafe, the Betis manager pointed out that it’s more important to think about themselves and what they must do.

“We’re focused on ourselves. We’re respectful of all our opponents, given that they’re all above us in the league table. We know that we should go out to win, whoever the opponent. We have to stay within the same lines of our recent games and achieve the victory we’re seeking. That we’ve done well in our recent games is a fact, but now we need to win.”

With much more promising performances in the last two games, Calderón was asked if he now has the base of his team in mind.

“The base of the team is something a manager looks for, based on the dynamics of how the games have gone. We have a base, but every player in the squad is very important. We have to stay within the dynamic of our recent games. We made few changes against Villarreal, with respect to the game in Russia and the team played just as well. I’m grateful to everyone in the team and I congratulate the players. They deserved these results for how hard they’ve been working, with professionalism and energy. More than anyone, they have belief. That’s why I’m as confident as I am.”

Contract renewal negotiations are currently in progress with several players, with Calderón explaining that whilst he’s involved to the extent of giving his approval, he has no interest in the financial side of discussions, as it’s not within his remit.

“We’ve spoken about the situation of Salva Sevilla, of Adán and some of the youngsters. I’ve already given my opinion and now I have to respect the negotiations taking place. I don’t get involved in how much the player is asking for, or what the club can afford to offer. They’re all important players, who are performing very well. I give the okay, but I don’t get involved in the negotiations.”

One player who has committed his future to the club, be it playing in the Primera or the Segunda next season, is goalkeeper Antonio Adán. Calderón expressed his pleasure that 26-year-old has agreed a new deal, having been impressed with what he’s seen so far.

“I’m very happy with the overall dynamic of the team, including the goalkeepers. Adán has shown a great level of performance since his arrival. It’s a great move that Betis have extended his contract. Obviously, I was consulted.”

Re: Calderón: Totting up the numbers won’t win us our next game

A team around Salva Sevilla

It is one of the keys to the upline team

The improvement of Betis , sensations over points so far, has many keys. The appearance of a goalkeeper as Adam securing the four corners of the goal, coordination in defensive work , the involvement of all goals from Ruben Castro and the reappearance of Salva Sevilla . Almeria is feeding confidence that gives Gabriel Humberto Calderón to go about making his team. You have exceeded the jurisdiction of Verdú, now in the medical report, and has pulled gallons and play to be strong as a starter in his position, so often had to abandon the script since 2010 started its verdiblanca stage. Salva Sevilla numbers indicate its current importance in the upward valuation Betis that must be endorsed these days against Getafe , European derby and Elche. Since Calderon came only has not started two games in the League, perhaps the worst of the Betis: against Valencia (5-0) and Granada (1-0). The rest has regained ground lost earlier with sporadic appearances and has been gaining weight in the structure of the Betis game , not only as a guarantor of last pass but as an element to intervene in the first team in offensive pressure areas. With important as direct competition or Nosa Verdú , Salva Sevilla has always had to contribute more to earn a place among the elect.

For the match against Getafe looms as a fixture for the Argentine coach, surrounded at midfield Lolo Reyes and Nono to assist as far as possible the careers of Ruben Castro, Cedrick and Baptistão . Salva Sevilla, one of the captains of bético costume and has worn the armband in the last two games, has a solid background in green and white as it is the longest players in Heliopolis, with Nacho, Ruben Castro and Jorge Molina . The Almeria, about to turn 30 years contract ends in June and from Betis is not just made ​​any movement towards renewal, beyond informal comments and words today Calderon himself endorsing the party's sit down to discuss the future.

Comentario

Adaptable footer

Colapsar
    Espere un momento...
    X