Colapsar
X
  • Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Calderón: My feeling is that we deserved more from this game

Real Betis manager Gabriel Calderón felt his side had shown enough effort and determination, to deserve taking more from the game against Barcelona, particularly given chances they had to draw level in the second half.

Following the 3-1 defeat at the Camp Nou, giving his analysis on the outcome, Gabriel Calderón was pleased with the effort shown by his players, suggesting they had perhaps merited a more favourable result, particularly from the second half when more chances had come.

“Despite conceding an early goal, we gave a good account of ourselves and in the second half, we had chances to level the game. We contested the game well, played well down the flanks, made the game difficult and didn’t let them play with ease.”

“Most of all in the second half, we were really good. We had chances to level the game on two occasions. That gives me the feeling that perhaps we deserved something more from this game, but against such a great team, you can’t miss any opportunities, whilst knowing that they aren’t going to waste any, if they’re given the chance.”

Looking ahead and to the final six games of the season, if Betis are to remain in the Primera, Calderón acknowledged that his team must win every one of them.

“It’s true that we’ve no margin for error now. All we’re thinking about now is our next game and that we have to win the derby.”

Calderón also lamented the injuries that have decimated his defensive options, although he suggested that losing such important players, had been more apparent in the defeat at home against Málaga, more so than the loss against Barca.

“We’ve got four defenders out injured and the the team has competed as though we weren’t missing anyone. I’m happy with the determination of my players. We’ve not shown that we’ve missed the players who are out, but they’re important players. If we’d had more of our defenders available, we might have defended the result better against Málaga.”

Even though referee Eduardo Iglesias blew for two penalties against his side, Calderón had no complaints about the match officials.

“I think the referee was very good. Although he’s whistled two penalties against us, I thought he was fine, he had a good game and I have to congratulate him, because he had the game under control at all times.”

Adaptable footer

Colapsar
Espere un momento...
X