• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Osasuna-Real Betis

Squad for the match against CA Osasuna

Calderon takes 18 players

Following the conclusion of the session, the technical Gabi Calderón has facilitated the squad for tomorrow's game. The coach takes 18 players are:

Adan, Peter, Girl, Paulao, Perquis, Jordi, Well, Juanfran, Lolo Reyes, Matilla, N'Diaye, Nosa, Salva Sevilla, Vadillo, Cedrick, Kid, Ruben Castro and Braian Rodriguez.

The presence of cantearon Kid that first enters in a squad of first team after several weeks training with them.

Re: Osasuna-Real Betis

The fate of Osasuna in the Primera only marginally rests in their hands, as they need a win over already relegated Real Betis if they want to have any chance of survival, while Betis are hoping to take the Pamplona side down with them, making them the best friends of Granada, Almeria and Getafe.

Osasuna vs. Real Betis XI

Osasuna XI: Andrés; Bertrán, Arribas, Flaño, Joan Oriol; Cejudo, Puñal, Loé, Roberto Torres; Acuña, Oriol Riera.

Subs: Riesgo, Oier, Loties, Damiá, Silva, De las Cuevas, Nino.

Real Betis XI: Adán; Juanfran, Paulao, Jordi, Perquis, Chica; N’Diaye, Salva, Matilla; Cedrick, Rubén Castro.

Subs: Pedro López, Vadillo, Braian Rodríguez, Nosa, Lolo Reyes, Pibe, Jesús Pozo.

Comentario

Osasuna came into Sunday’s match with everything on the line against a Real Betis side whose only objective was to drag the Pamplona side down to the Segunda with them.

However, Osasuna’s fans came out in droves, but it would be those same fans that would give everyone a tremendous scare and provoke legitimate concern that goes beyond football.

Osasuna came out focused, scoring the first goal in the 11th minute courtesy of Oriol, followed up two minutes later with a goal by Acuna in the 13th minute, before all hell broke loose.

Following Acuna’s goal, the lively Osasuna fans surged forward causing a security gate to collapse and the fans on the front line to topple forward to the ground the with the masses coming forward on top of them.

Osasuna and Real Betis players both rushed to help the injured and the match was suspended for half an hour until the situation was full under control.

Meanwhile, other teams went into halftime and the LFP stated that they would remain suspended at halftime until Osasuna and Betis were able to catch up.

The game resumed and the two teams played out to a 2-0 Osasuna lead going into the break.

In the second half, Osasuna continued to fight, but a rare goal by Chica secured the Pamplona side’s relegation.

A match with bizarre circumstances, and despite the win, joined Real Betis and Real Valladolid in the Segunda Division.

Osasuna 2-1 Real Betis

Referee: Martínez Munuera

Osasuna XI: Andrés; Bertrán, Arribas, Flaño, Joan Oriol (79′); Cejudo (66′), Puñal, Loé, Roberto Torres (77′); Acuña, Oriol Riera

Subs: Miguel (66′), Nino (77′), Damia (79′)

Goals: Oriol (11′), Acuna (13′)

Yellow Cards: Punal (80′)

Real Betis XI: Adán; Juanfran, Paulao, Jordi, Perquis, Chica; N’Diaye, Salva, Matilla (63′); Cedrick (73′), Rubén Castro

Subs: Reyes (11′), Piba (63′), Nosa (73′)

Goals: Chica (77′)

Yellow Cards: N/A

Comentario

Amidst celebrations following the opening goal for Osasuna in their match against Real Betis on Sunday, a barrier in the south stand at El Sadar collapsed as fans surged forward, resulting in numerous injuries and the delay of the match.

68 injured at Osasuna v Betis game

Osasuna went into Sunday’s game needing a victory against Real Betis and results elsewhere to fall in their favour, if they were to avoid relegation from the Primera.

In what was a highly charged atmosphere at El Sadar, after Oriol Riera scored in the 12th minute, celebrations turned to into a serious incident, when fencing at the front of the of the south stand behind the goal, collapsed.

The match was immediately delayed as players, security staff and Red Cross assistants rushed to aid scores of injured fans, amidst chaotic scenes at the stadium.

Understandably, play in the game was halted whilst the situation was resolved and the seriously injured were transported to hospital and before security was eventually restored. The other fixtures being played at the same time, we’re also delayed from resuming play in the second half of their respective games, as La Liga felt it best to ensure all the key fixtures finished at the same time.

After the game, Osasuna released a statement on their official website, with a Red Cross announcement that there had been a total of 68 fans, between 16 and 66 years of age, injured in the incident. Ten were rushed to hospital as a result of more serious injuries including fractures, cuts and internal trauma. A further 58 were treated by medics at the stadium.

Comentario

Osasuna manager Javi Gracia lamented that even with a win on the final day of the season against Real Betis, his side still fell to the Segunda, after results elsewhere provided no aid to their cause.

Fourteen seasons of top-flight football came to an end in Pamplona on Sunday, after Osasuna were relegated from the Primera. At his post-match press conference, manager Javi Gracia felt a great weight of sadness and responsibility, that the team have fallen to the Segunda in his watch.

“It’s a very sad day for me, both professionally and personally. It’s with huge regret that the team has been relegated. I regret the situation we’ve reached and desire that Osasuna returns to the Primera as soon as possible.”

Osasuna won their final game of the season 2-1 against Real Betis, but it wasn’t enough to keep them in the Primera, as the teams they needed to lose, all avoided defeat. With plenty of incidents in the game, Gracia wasn’t inclined to look too deeply into how things panned out.

“Despite our victory, results elsewhere haven’t worked out for us. We’re weren’t depending entirely on ourselves. Right now, any kind of analysis about the game doesn’t have any relevance, given the situation of the team, the club and the fans.”

Asked if he would have changed any of his teams or decisions during the final run of the season, Gracia suggested it’s pointless to think that way.

“I feel responsible, but I tried to make the best decisions and with the best of intentions. There’s no point trying to look back and ponder if I’d have done anything differently.”

Reiterating his regret at Osasuna’s relegation, when it comes to his own future, Gracia wouldn’t confirm whether he’ll be staying or not, suggesting those decisions will be made next week.

“I feel very sad about what’s happened, but it’s too soon to make any decisions or judgements. From tomorrow though, we’ll have to start thinking about what’s best for the club.”

Comentario

How it happened

Osasuna 2 Betis 1 - Vìdeo Dailymotion

Comentario

This is a more spectacular view of the wall collapsing in Pamplona yesterday - truly terrifying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVqX...layer_embedded

Comentario

When I was ranting about the pitiful state of Spanish football earlier today, there were a few things, I remembered afterwards, I'd forgotten to mention. The everyday racism - have you seen this from yesterday, for example - which goes completely untackled; the corruption, which is simply swept under the carpet (put it this way: if I know that Levante-Deportivo in 2013 and Real Unión-Hercules in 2010 were fixed then surely the authorities do...); and finally, the appalling lack of security inside stadiums, including the Benito Villamarín. Sadly, we got a vivid illustration of this today at the El Sadar stadium in Pamplona, where a wall in front of a dangerously overcrowded section behind one goal collapsed when Osasuna opened the scoring, causing a number of nasty, although thankfully not life-threatening, injuries. The Betis players joined in the rescue efforts, earning grateful applause from the rest of the stadium and proving just in time that they are good for something after all.

The game was delayed for half an hour while the damage was cleared and the stand was made semi-safe (although it's hard not to think the match would have been called off if it hadn't been the last of the season.) The second Osasuna goal came shortly after the restart, which took so much of the intensity out of game that I went home around then, so I didn't see Javi Chica's consolation goal in the second half, nor the number of chances Betis reportedly missed. It was all for naught, anyway. Results elsewhere meant that Osasuna go down with Betis and Valladolid; talk about adding insult to injury.

Down in Murcia, meanwhile, Betis B managed a creditable 2-1 defeat in their promotion play-off, meaning that a 1-0 win next weekend will be enough to go back up to Segunda B. With Béticos so desperate for something to cheer, it wouldn't surprise me to hear the game will be played at the Villamarín.

Betis: Adán; Juanfran, Paulao, Perquis (Lolo Reyes, m. 12), Jordi, Chica; Matilla (Pibe, m. 55), Ndiaye, Salva Sevilla; Cedrick (Nosa, m. 65) y Rubén Castro.

Goals: 1-0, m. 11: Oriol Riera. 2-0, m. 15: Acuña. 2-1, m. 70: Chica

Avalancha en estadio del Osasuna - Vìdeo Dailymotion

Comentario

Adaptable footer

Colapsar
                Espere un momento...
                X