Colapsar
X
  • Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Joaquín: I want to retire at Betis

Joaquín has stated that he would like to retire at Real Betis if possible, also revealing that he came close to an emotional return last summer when Valencia tried to sell him.
    The 27-year-old is not considering hanging up his boots just yet, of course, but he already knows that he wants to play with his beloved Verdiblancos in his last years as a player.

Speculation has always followed Joaquín, with clubs wanting him almost every year during his time at Betis and again now that he's with Valencia, but he is not ready to leave Valencia in a hurry.

"I would like to retire playing for Real Betis, although I will have to be dragged out of here," he said.

"At the moment I do not know if I will have the chance to do that, but that is what I want."

After the European Championships, the focus at Valencia was on keeping David Villa and David Silva, while Joaquín was in line to be sold to help ease the club's financial problems.

Betis made an enquiry about taking the player, who is still revered by the club's fans, and came close to succeeding before the new Che administration put an end to the move.

"There was a time when it looked very likely, but I spoke with Fernando (Gómez, Valencia's sporting director) and he told me that I was staying."

Respuesta: Joaquín: I want to retire at Betis

In a couple of years people will say "Joaquin who?". I mean, I think he hasn't found his best shape since he left Betis. At the same time, I think it was quite good that he left, his time as verdiblanco was over, and we cashed in quite a lot of money.
    However, I'm sure that if he makes a come back, he'll give us some fine seasons. What it most, I don't think he'll find his best condition till he comes back (because he will come back).
    cheers mates

Comentario

Adaptable footer

Colapsar
    Espere un momento...
    X