Colapsar
X
  • Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Strengths & Weaknesses Of Paco Chaparro

So, I just wanted to start a discussion about our current manager.

Strengths
    1. He has been the first manager since Serra Ferrer to not only notice our biggest flaws as a squad, but also get Lopera to sign the correct players. Paco fought for the players he thought we needed most, unlike others who took whatever they were given. Like Rafael Benitez said of a one time Valencia Sporting Director, "I asked for a couch and they bought me a lamp." Paco was the first manager to stand up and fight for what he believed the team needed.
    2. The motivation and mental strength of our players is outstanding. That is down to him.
    3. His approach to games is impressive. Just take a look at all our games against the top sides. (Apart from the trip to Madrid.) We were better than Sevilla at home and away. We were better than Villarreal at home and should have been 4-0 up at el Madrigal before half time. We fought hard against Atletico and Valencia and should have achieved draws. Against Madrid at home we were robbed and both are games against Barcelona showed that, unlike the rest of La Liga which is running scared, we took the bull by the horns and attacked them.

Weaknesses
    1. His substitutions are incredibly puzzling at times. I know Emana can drift in and out of games, but, like Sergio Garcia, he can decide games, even late on.
    2. Is he tactically strong? It would seem he isn't. We have double figure international players, we have strength, we have height, we have pace, we have good ball players, we have good set-piece takers. Our attack is strong, our goalkeeper is good, our midfield is relatively strong (Aurelio being the key player) and our defence is okay. It's not horrific. It's play. Our wing-backs are strong and Juanito is decent. So, while we do have our weaknesses, surely we are not a side that is only one point from relegation. Malaga don't have a better squad than we do. Deportivo don't. So the only person to look towards is Paco Chaparro, because the players are actually putting in the effort.

I don't want to degrade Paco Chaparro as he saved us from relegation two seasons ago, but maybe his role should be something of a Sporting Director. One to search for talent for this club, because he clearly has a strong eye for this area of the game.

Anyway, thoughts?

Respuesta: Strengths & Weaknesses Of Paco Chaparro

Now I think that his weakness wins with ashamed superiority at his strenght.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por joaquin17ireland Ver Mensaje

Strengths
      1. He has been the first manager since Serra Ferrer to not only notice our biggest flaws as a squad, but also get Lopera to sign the correct players. Paco fought for the players he thought we needed most, unlike others who took whatever they were given. Like Rafael Benitez said of a one time Valencia Sporting Director, "I asked for a couch and they bought me a lamp." Paco was the first manager to stand up and fight for what he believed the team needed.
      2. The motivation and mental strength of our players is outstanding. That is down to him.
      3. His approach to games is impressive. Just take a look at all our games against the top sides. (Apart from the trip to Madrid.) We were better than Sevilla at home and away. We were better than Villarreal at home and should have been 4-0 up at el Madrigal before half time. We fought hard against Atletico and Valencia and should have achieved draws. Against Madrid at home we were robbed and both are games against Barcelona showed that, unlike the rest of La Liga which is running scared, we took the bull by the horns and attacked them.

Weaknesses
      1. His substitutions are incredibly puzzling at times. I know Emana can drift in and out of games, but, like Sergio Garcia, he can decide games, even late on.
      2. Is he tactically strong? It would seem he isn't. We have double figure international players, we have strength, we have height, we have pace, we have good ball players, we have good set-piece takers. Our attack is strong, our goalkeeper is good, our midfield is relatively strong (Aurelio being the key player) and our defence is okay. It's not horrific. It's play. Our wing-backs are strong and Juanito is decent. So, while we do have our weaknesses, surely we are not a side that is only one point from relegation. Malaga don't have a better squad than we do. Deportivo don't. So the only person to look towards is Paco Chaparro, because the players are actually putting in the effort.

I don't want to degrade Paco Chaparro as he saved us from relegation two seasons ago, but maybe his role should be something of a Sporting Director. One to search for talent for this club, because he clearly has a strong eye for this area of the game.

Anyway, thoughts?
      perfect summary... what more can i say? even though you are right with the games we played against the top sides... 6 points out of 24. that's the reality. and what is even worse, we can't handle teams like deportivo, malaga, osasuna, mallorca and let's see what we can expect in the following games! that's clearly chaparros fault.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por joaquin17ireland Ver Mensaje

Strengths

Weaknesses

Anyway, thoughts?
        I agree with your reflexion. Anyways, Paco Chaparro lately has become very arrogant in many declarations, and his vanity and blindness (he can´t o don´t wanna read the tempo of the matches) will take us to the doom -i doubt that we could get out of this hole (near the downer positions) with him as coach: almost we could touch the bottom of it; i think that we need a change the manager-; and yes, i think correct give him at least another role onto the club (maybe that one that you say): i recognice his good labour in other years, but this year he has had many time and many resources... and without positives results.

Thus, it´s true that in a few matches we had bad luck, but in football you couldn´t only survive with good details or shaming/cursing our bad luck: the results are more -or the most- important. Also, we had made a big effort bringing him new players, and we need to look the reality: with 28 games played, we only have 30 points (at 1 point of Osasuna and 4 from Numancia; two of the three worse stadistic teams of the Liga BBVA this year).

We need a change in our team: and this change is the coach. And quickly.

Comentario

Adaptable footer

Colapsar
        Espere un momento...
        X