X
  • Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

Respuesta: Real Betis-Sevilla

Jiménez Unhappy With Derby Draw

Manolo Jiménez was clearly unhappy to have earned just a point from the local derby at Real Betis and criticised his players for only showing passion in the final third of the game.
    Sevilla were held to a goalless draw in the Ruiz de Lopera and the visitors coach could not hide his disappointment after watching his side spend an hour failing to create any chance of note.

"We have not lost, but maybe we have to be slightly more ambitious, like we were in the last 25 minutes," Jiménez told reporters.

"What we did then was what we should have done before, from the start, because that was when we tried to score.

"I am not happy."

After stating that he felt the referee made two poor decisions, Jiménez did pay tribute to Betis for their part in the game and reiterated his admiration for Paco Chaparro.

"The referee did not blow for two blatant penalties, one against Lautaro and the other against Adriano and they changed the game," he added.

"But Betis had good chances in the first half and they have a good team this year and a good coach."

Comentario

Maresca Angry With Derby Draw

After seeing his Sevilla side draw a blank in the derby clash with Real Betis captain Enzo Maresca has said that the players are angry that they did not win the match.....
      It was supposed to be a fiery contest full of goals and action but instead the Seville derby was a rather understated affair, with no goals to speak of in the ninety minutes.

Speaking today after the match Sevilla midfielder Enzo Maresca said himself and his team-mates are frustrated at the 0-0 scoreline.

"Everyone is angry because we have not beaten Betis and have only got one point," he began, " It is normal that this team is criticised because we always want to do more. It shows that we settle for nothing other than the best."

Despite the result and the obvious annoyance though Maresca did find solace in the fact that since he joined the club three years ago they have come on leaps and bounds and even changed the marker for what is a good result at their rivals stadium.

"When I arrived three years ago a draw at their ground was positive and today a tie, playing badly, causes frustration. We are all angry and that means we have improved and are ambitious," he explained.

Similarly the midfielder did recognise that Betis, with a summer of big spending behind them, had also improved.

"It is my fourth season and that is the best Betis side I have seen but still I believe they have gone six derbies without scoring and with the draw they are happy and we are angry."

"That is the difference between Sevilla and Betis which has gone upside down from six years ago," he mused.

The result aside Maresca also defended the 'defensive' pre-match decisions of his manager Manolo Jiménez which included leaving wingers Diego Capel and Jesus Navas on the bench.

"The manager was convinced that with the team we had we could do well," he opined, "Although things didn't go as planned we put out a team to win and to cause trouble to Betis."

Comentario

En el post poner que todo esta en ingles Gracias!!!!!!!!!
        Editado por última vez por McAlv; https://www.betisweb.com/foro/member/727-mcalv en 25/09/08, 11:15:43. Razón: only english

Comentario

Adaptable footer

Colapsar
        Espere un momento...
        X